1. WHAT IS WHISTLE BLOWING ?
The term “whistleblowing” can be defined as raising a genuine concern about a crime, criminal offense, miscarriage of justice, dangers to health and safety of the environment, or any wrongdoing within an organization.
2. WHISTLE BLOWING CHANNELS
Baobab Nigeria has put in place an effective Whistleblowing System to encourage all stakeholders, such as Employees, Shareholders, Clients, Vendors, and Regulators, to disclose actual, potential, or suspected instances of misconduct
3. REPORTABLE MISCONDUCTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Unethical behavior or improper conduct, that undermines universal and core ethical values such as integrity, respect, honesty, transparency, accountability, fairness, etc.
- All deliberate acts/omission/commission capable of posing a risk to the Bank’s stakeholders
- A criminal offense.
- Actions or activities that causes damage to the health and safety of the environment.
- Conflict of Interests
- Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information;
- Any attempt to conceal, aid, and abet any activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing
4. MISCONDUCTS CAN BE DISCLOSED VIA ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CHANNELS
- Formal letter to the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) Baobab Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited and/or Head of Compliance, Internal Auditor.
- Dedicated Whistleblowing email: [email protected]
- Call or text dedicated Phone No +2348149906614
- When you make a Whistleblowing report, kindly refrain from discussing the details of the reported misconduct with other persons, except as part of an investigation.